Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Just the 2...er...4 of us

Had a baby shower this past weekend at our place. Denise's best friend flew in from California to throw it. She did a fantastic job of coordinating things, especially considering she had her 2 young kids (adorable, I might add) in tow. Although it was a ladies only shower, I am told a good time was had by all. Pretty darn good samosas as well (yes, I scavenged after the festivities were over). It's pretty amazing how generous folks are. The bambinos have got themselves some pretty nice threads.

My folks flew in for the weekend festivities, and it was really good to see them. Mom even gave me a series of shower gifts, including an Oscar the grouch -- commemorating my youthful days when I'd open up trash cans in the neighborhood looking for the green guy. I'll need to remember to reinitiate that habit...I don't think the neighbors will mind.

Anyway, here's a picture of us shortly before the baby shower started. As Fernando would say "She look mahvelous."

No comments: