Saturday, April 12, 2008

"Is that rug washable?"

...was the question I asked Denise at 5:50 am, observing the freshly soaked sleeve of my t-shirt. It's funny how conversations become very different once kids enter the picture.

After giving Grace her early morning feeding, I was trying to burp her before putting her (and myself) back to bed. And while Grace is generally predictable in this category, today she decided to kick off our weekend with a bit of excitement. So instead of the standard burp...hello....time to liquidate the assets! And within a second of reverse drinking, Grace looks up at me with this beaming grin, clearly basking in the glory of this momentous achievment. The strange thing is I reflexively smiled right back at her, happy she was enjoying herself. It's amazing how kids can charm you to the extent you don't really even care you just got barfed on.

I was standing on top of the rug in our nursery during said incident, hence, the title of this post. And yes, the "Clover Fields" rug is washable...the ducks, rabbits, and sheep survived spin cycle just fine.

In other news, the kids made their maiden voyage to Golden Corral today. It was an enjoyable lunch outing, despite some modest fussiness. I explained to Grace the nuances of the salad bar, which she attentively absorbed. Dylan was too busy watching eyelid movies and missed most of the action.

We're coming up on four months. Here's a medley of moments...




1 comment:

mkp said...

love the photo montage. want a big one for our living room. these kids are pretty darn cute! :)